Friday, March 2, 2007

Day after part II

Not sure how I feel about the exam. I felt pretty good about the last one, but those feelings were obviously unreliable. This exam was significantly more complicated, more or less managed to test the majority of subjects, and definitively demonstrated the Bar Examiners willingness to play mind games and fuck with us.

The prevailing wisdom going into the exam seemed to that anything but the First Amendment was fair game for Con Law. Same for Wills. I think most people expected a full Community Property question, with maybe a minor cross-over with something else. But except for the widows election doctrine, it was pretty much a full-blown Wills question. Apparently several people somehow managed to treat the entire question as a pure CP, don't know how they managed to do that if true. Coming out of the second essay section, I heard more than a few people complain that they had over relied on Sakai's predictions and had totally fucked themselves in the process.

I still hold to my theory that we were better off with a difficult bar exam as it gives us a little more latitude to miss minor issues, but I won't be surprised to see a very low pass rate out of this one. On the other hand, the California Bar has been under increasing scrutiny for the low pass rates, so they may recognize that the exam was particularly nasty and adjust the scores accordingly.

In the end I'm cautiously optimistic, I was significantly more prepared going in to this one, and feel that I may have made up some ground on the third day, but I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed until May.

4 comments:

Agen Sbobet said...

I really admire the important ideas that you offer in the content. I am looking forward for more important thoughts and more blogs.

Lacy Wesley said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site! Read More Read More Read More

Indi Host said...

I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

Website
Information

Robert Howard said...

You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

Twittbot.net
Website
Information