Saturday, February 17, 2007

Mneumonics

Una dona fantastica makes a hell of a good point about mneumonics:

As I mentioned in a previous post, some of the Adachi mnemonics are pretty odd. Like, the mnemonic for crimes, for example. What does "SAC BIMARK ALBERT PURE CF H" even mean and how is it supposed to be helpful to remember the crimes? I think an average person would waste precious time during the exam trying to remember the mnemonic itself. At least "ME BITCHSLAP REARFUCK BAR" (using the exact same letters) would not only be easy to remember but it would also provide the necessary motivation to learn the law. I think I will have to send Adachi an email concerning this...

Considering that the various bar review courses exist for one purpose, to make money help us pass the bar, I can’t understand why they always beat around the bush and make things more difficult by giving us utterly incomprehensible mnemonics. According to PMBR's Evidence MIG 9 (MIG being the Multistate Issue Graph - why this deserves a mneumonic of its own is beyond me) if you take the time to learn the following clusterfuck, ADDEM P. BOPP, SEE ICI you will then know all the hearsay exceptions. I'm sure if Conviser, Adachi, Feinberg et al actually took the time to come up with phrases such as "ME BITCHSLAP REARFUCK BAR" that the pass rates out of their classes would skyrocket. I guess America's more puritanical impulses also extend to the bar.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
Aficonsultingsrl.com
Dwa.gov.za
Thepearlcolumbus.com

Indi Host said...

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

Click Here
Gitlab.ow2.org

Ariana Richardo said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

Website
Information
Click Here

IsacAiden said...

Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.

Click Here
Visit Web
Bridalexposure.com