Saturday, February 17, 2007

I See Dumb People

As the bar once again draws near, it seems that the idiots are emerging out of the woodwork at an alarming rate to offer misplaced words of encouragement and advice. I don’t know if stress is causing me to turn into a caustic asshole, but my tolerance for this shit is currently at about a one out of ten (with zero being a nuclear meltdown and ten being Mother Theresa like tolerance for all).

Today, a soon to be former friend from law school called to tell me that I “should definitely study property,” because “it’s a big subject.” Obviously before I received this little pearl of wisdom I had no idea that 1) I might find property on the exam, and 2) that I should study it. I think I’m going to scream if someone tries to tell me “you should take lots of breaks so you don’t burn out…blah, blah, blah.” At this point, this is easier said then done. The endless tidbits of trivia and advice are also starting to get old. I know I need to get rest and eat well, brush my teeth, and wipe my ass etc., but it’s starting to get old, really fast.

I realize that it’s probably hard to know what to say to someone you know who has failed (especially if you passed) or is about to take the exam, but I think that using a little common sense is in order.

7 comments:

KMack said...

Haha. Someone tipped you off to study Property? You should tell them to join the Psychic Friends Network.

Anonymous Failee said...

Yeah, for sure. I told him he should start his own bar review course, self-centered idiot that he is, I don't think he picked up the extreme sarcasm in my voice.

German Summer said...

Hello, i'm glad to scan the entire content of this journal and am terribly excited and happy to mention that the webmaster has done a really sensible job here to place all the knowledge content and knowledge at one place. Italy Travel Blog

Indi Host said...

After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

Website
Information

Miguel Long said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Website
Information

Timmothy Beck said...

I’d have to check with you here. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Awpcp.com
Information

BillieMartinez said...

I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

Forum.singaporeexpats.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web