Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I call bullshit

I was in a law school library today and ran across a guy I sort of know from my BarBri class last summer. He’s not a particularly close acquaintance but we usually kick the shit around and discuss whatever it is we’ve been working on. He’s super competitive and never fails to mention how many hours a day he studies, how he’s averaging 90% on his MBE’s, and all sorts of other shit (he had also previously given me a Sakai style iron clad ‘community property will be on exam’ guarantee that he would pass the bar last summer, so much for that one). Today, he told me that he’s been averaging well over 12 study-hours a day, and after pretending to be impressed, I went back to memorizing my community property outline for the last time.

I only stuck around the law library for about 5 hours, but I have to say that between talking on his cell phone, checking email, and talking to everyone else about how much work he’s been doing, I’d guess that he might have managed to put together a grand total of 2 hours on anything remotely related to actual study. Obviously he considers checking his dating profile on match.com in his daily 12 hour study-a-thons (I wasn’t snooping, but his laptop was directly in my line of site). The one thing I’ve learned from law school, and the bar for that matter, is that pretty much anyone who feels the need to brag about how much work they do, or how much time they put in is utterly full of shit.

I realize that the law and gamesmanship are basically synonymous with each other, nevertheless, it is kind of satisfying to watch someone who is so obviously full of shit fail to back up anything he says. Anyway, enough rambling, time to get back to the never ending joy that is civ pro.

5 comments:

CarterRuiz said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Homegrounds.webflow.io
Homeland.edublogs.org

Sproter Crati said...

Heya! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established blog like yours require a massive amount work? I'm brand new to blogging however I do write in my diary everyday. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!


Newgawai.wordpress.com
Hijaber.webnode.com

MiltonBaker said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.###

Ideafit.com
Ioby.org

MiltonBaker said...

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!


Answers.informer.com
One-kemet.com
Docker.com

IsacAiden said...

Would you be interested in exchanging links?

Jishikin.com
Information
Click Here