Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hapless Law Grads 1, Barbri 0

I was only aware of the class action suit against BarBri in Southern California. Apparently there is a second anti-trust suit filed in NY. Apparently, the Plaintiffs just survived summary judgment and the case still has some life in it. Never took anti-trust law or unfair competition, so I frankly couldn't give a shit about the technical nitty-gritty details of the claim. However, I do very much give a shit about recouping as much money from a class action settlement/award as possible from the greedy fuckers.

Nevertheless, found a few interesting tidbits from the article discussing the case.
"The evidence suggests that BAR/BRI used its substantial market share to control competition, boost prices and potentially force unwilling consumption of its [multistate] instruction," Judge Pauley wrote.
I realize that pretty much any class action settlement is bullshit, and should the miracle occur, I'll probably get some sort of coupon entitling me to the Conviser outline of my choice... nevertheless its still pretty nice to hear that I'm not the only one to think that the fact that BarBri is the only game in town is a little fishy. My eyes pretty much glazed over reading the rest of the article, but then I came to this little piece of trivia:
BAR/BRI courses generate approximately $125 million in revenue and $60 million in profit a year, according to the ruling.
Shit, that's not bad for paying a few flunkies to insert a couple of DVDs twice a year. All-in-all, I can't really complain about the actual BarBri classes, but I sure as hell can complain about the price. I'm sure they'll settle this eventually, but either way I'm looking forward to getting at least a BarBri mug or something when it does eventually settle.

8 comments:

Judi Bola said...

You should comment on the competition comparison of the blog. You can highlight it's mind boggling. Your blog exploration/tour will broaden your conversions. Judi Bola

Unknown said...

This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

Website
Information

Unknown said...

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

Click Here
Remote.com

Indi Host said...

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

Click Here
Wblog.id

Ariana Richardo said...

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

Information
Click Here
Chalmers.in.gov

Ariana Richardo said...


I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your website? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

Website
Information

ekoelmer said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

Website
Information

Levi Fisher said...

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

Forum.honorboundgame.com
Information
Click Here
Visit Web