Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving

Until this week, Thanksgiving was probably my favorite holiday. Now, I can't wait for it to be over. I'm already preparing myself for the barrage of cringe inducing questions involving all things bar related. A close relative, who did happen to pass the bar, will also be there, and I can't wait to be stuck in the same room with her while she gets peppered with congratulations and "are you glad its over" and other inane questions centering around what it feels like to finally be an attorney. I have a feeling that I'll be plastered with the type of sympathy one receives after being fucked out of all his money and then having to auction off a kidney to pay off credit card debt accrued to get in at the bottom of some new pyramid scheme, or what I imagine one would get after learning on national television that your wife cheated on you with the entire hockey team. More akin to the "sucks to be you" category of sympathy made while privately snickering behind my back.

I feel like I'm damned if I do show up, and damned if I don't. If I do show up, I'm pretty certain that it will be a fairly humiliating experience, but if I don't go I know it will only add fodder to fire of faux sympathy and allow them to talk about how poorly I'm handling this and "isn't it a shame he didn't feel up to joining us this year." So I'll take my lumps and show up, doubtlessly well on my way towards getting plastered, and hope that the night mercifully passes somewhat quickly.






4 comments:

Judi Bola said...

This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes. Taruhan Bola

Unknown said...

You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

Click Here
Soundcloud.com

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

Website
Information

Indi Host said...

Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.

Website
Information