Wednesday, December 13, 2006

PMBR is Awesome

I received a envelope from PMBR today inviting me to re-take any number of their course offerings. According to PMBR, I'll “need to re-tool and get mentally prepared for the next go around.” This was obviously a shock to me as I had no idea that either would be particularly useful the second time around. I also learned “the essays and performance tests are also very challenging and often time graded in an arbitrary and subjective manner.” This passage piqued my interest and caused me to wonder how exactly is PMBR going to help me prepare for such an arbitrary challenge (I also wondered whether or not I had somehow slept through the portion of the six-day course that discussed the PT and essays).

The letter invited me to call to "discuss my situation" and "how to prepare for the upcoming exam", which I promptly did. Unfortunately, the service rep clearly had no idea how one could surmount such an arbitrary and subjective challenge, much less what I might have done wrong on the performance tests, but did helpfully inform me that I could pay an additional 995 dollars to take the “Ultimate Tutorial.” Naturally, all questions concerning what exactly makes this tutorial more ultimate than the six-day course went unanswered.

PMBR also helpfully enclosed a few testimonials, which would make even Trotsky blush. According to Yulia, she is so pleased with PMBR that whenever anyone asks her how she passed, she responds by writing “PMBR, and highlight[sic] it in yellow, circle it in red, and underline it in black.” Any momentary compulsion to pick up the phone once again and talk to PMBR a second time was quickly overcome by an even greater interest as to how Yulia manages to always carry one yellow, one red, and one black pen with her whenever she is asked about her bar passage. She is obviously more resourceful than I, which probably explains why she passed and I didn’t. The best letter apparently came via email from an individual, who not only managed a feat of technological prowess that continues to eluded me – namely figuring out how to place his handwritten signature in the body of an email, but this person also announced that he is “open to a deal if [PMBR] would be interested in using [his] name and score in [their] promotional materials.” There was no indication from the letter whether or not PMBR did in fact take him up on his offer.

Nevertheless, and despite all of the exceedingly persuasive testimonials, I’ve decided not to re-take PMBR. I don’t really see the point. I managed to pass the MBE, while bombing the essays, and therefore feel that my time would be better spent working on my essay writing skills. In the end I thought that the PMBR materials were significantly better than BarBri’s (I know some may disagree), but felt that the class was more or less a waste of time (as was BarBri’s MBE weekend lectures). So I’ve decided to use my trusty eraser and resurrect my red and blue books in an attempt to eliminate another drain on my meager bank account..

5 comments:

Ibcbet said...

You may post on the professional credentials for the blog owner. You could express it's outstanding. Your blog experience can springboard your click through. Sbobet

Unknown said...

This really answered my problem, thank you!

Website
Information

Unknown said...

There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

Website
Information

Indi Host said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..more wait..

Click Here
Emyspot.com

Ariana Richardo said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Information
Click Here
Chalmers.in.go