Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Plan of Sorts

Without exception, everyone I've run across who is re-doing the exam asks what course I am going to take or plan I am going to follow during the run up to the bar. Currently, my thinking is that I don't really see the point in plunking down another 800+ dollars on a class that is going to re-hash the black letter law. I'm also leery of hiring a tutor for two reasons. First and foremost, I don't have the cash. Second, while I'm sure that there are many fine tutors out there, my guess is that most are pretty bad. During Barbri, I would frequently run across tutoring sessions in the student lounge at school. To be charitable, the sessions were dubious at best. The three tutors I observed, without exception, would just sit there and spew shitloads of jargon that, judging by the look on the student, made as much sense to me as to them - i.e., " use the checklist to manage the approach to achieve optimal results while focusing on the goal to harness the facts to come to a conclusion." I’m also not really sure how one goes about finding a suitable tutor. I love reading the paens on jdjive to individual tutors. My guess is that the overwhelming majority of posts have got to be by the tutor's themselves trying to drum up a little business. Mind you if I was in the tutoring business I would also drop as many posts extolling my significant powers to guide even the most hapless law grad through the bar exam. So fuck classes and tutors, I'm going to figure out my own study schedule and go from there.

I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to quickly learn the black letter law. Going in to July, I was fairly weak on a couple of subjects (especially property, can't imagine that I'll dodge that bullet a second time in February) and will use the time between now and January to brush up on my weak subjects. After Christmas, I'll resume doing PMBR questions and then create something akin to BarBri's paced study schedule to keep myself on some sort of program. In place of lectures, I'll review a course and then focus the majority of my time on doing as many essays as possible. I'm not sure what I'll do for the performance test, but given my rather shitty score, I need to figure something out. Obviously, this scheme of mine will probably be thrown out the window come January, but for now it sounds okay to me.

Can't say I'm feeling particularly motivated to devote whatever free time I might have to this shit, I'm hoping that some sort of motivation will kick in soon.



7 comments:

Agen Sbobet said...

I think more updates and will be returning. I have filtered for qualified edifying substance of this calibre all through the past various hours.

Unknown said...

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

Click Here
Twittbot.net

Ian Sheard said...

I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

Website
Information

Indi Host said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

Website
Information

Best Quran Teaching said...

Good! If you or your child wants to learn Quran then our Best Online Quran Academy is the right corner.

Knowledge Uplift said...

Great! Knowledge Uplift offers CCNA Online Course and Certification for those who want to get expertise in this field.

Tutor Visit said...

Amazing! If you are new to the information and technology field then Beginner IT Courses by Tutor Visit is best for you.